Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Blue Dragon Plus review

This thread is in response to a review for Blue Dragon Plus on the DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: April 26, 2009 (06:14 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Pathfinding issues suddenly become a lot more serious when a walking turd carrying a spear looses its life because of it.

XD

I agree with the points in this review. I was also frustrated with the difficulty of putting your melee units next to the enemy to protect the mage and healer characters. Problem is, the pathfinding is ridiculously bad, as you said.

Another issue is when you do manage to get the melee character to arrive first, he isn't smart enough to stand in front of the enemy. Oh no, that would actually be effective. Instead, he often follows alongside the enemy whiffing at it the whole time. The characters in this game make the Keystone Cops look like genuises.

And the mage character has no range at all. What's the freakin' point if she has to be right on top of the enemies anyway for her spells to reach?

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 27, 2009 (06:29 AM)

I never had a great deal of trouble with the magic's range because, in the end, I gave up trying to back away my 'range' guys and just let them get into the mix with everyone else. So when I spammed magic, they were right there. Which is dumb when you consider the insane range of the poo snake ally's physical air attacks.

It's like the Blue Dragoon series knows it's mired in being unremarkable and has resigned itself to that fact.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 27, 2009 (06:44 AM)

It really is a game where you just close your eyes and hope for the best. Though it's better than a game that plays itself for you, so I suppose BDP beats out the original on that level.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: April 27, 2009 (05:18 PM)

It really is a game where you just close your eyes and hope for the best.

Yeah, that's pretty much what it amounts to.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.