Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's Madworld review

This thread is in response to a review for MadWorld on the Wii. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: April 16, 2009 (10:24 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Suskie, you make me jealous with your reviewing ability. Stop it.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 16, 2009 (11:25 PM)

Actually I thought you were going to say that I made you jealous because I still own my Wii and can play this game. In fact, I think I'm gonna go play it some more right now.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: April 17, 2009 (02:09 AM)

This is an absolutely superb review.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 17, 2009 (06:04 AM)

I'm thinking about buying this one. Which will make it the first Wii game I've gone out and bought ever.

But, then, I might not.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: JANUS2
Posted: April 18, 2009 (03:07 AM)

I've been wondering why Sega decided to release such a violent and artistic game exclusively for the Wii, but this review makes it clear that Mad World is dependent on its format. Your point about the value of quick time events on the Wii was interesting (and the anecdote about flying controllers was an amusing way to support your argument).

I agree with Zipp and Lewis, this is an excellent review. Although your defence of Mad World's camera (deal with it!) is one that I would use to defend Ninja Gaiden's, so I'd be interested to play the game for myself and see how they compare. I think it's probably accurate to say that if you absolutely love a game then the camera won't bother you (whereas indifference towards a game will make you less inclined to put up with a poor camera). But I'm not buying a Wii just for Mad World so I suppose I'll never know!

"fuck yeah oblivion" - Jihad

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: April 18, 2009 (04:50 PM)

Ninja Gaiden's camera is indefensible, janass.

good shit Suskie, I need to spend more time with this but from what I played it's rad. God Hand was a crowd-gatherer when I was living in the dorms haha, Clover/Platinum must have some sort of magic touch.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: April 18, 2009 (05:29 PM)

Ninja Gaiden's camera isn't just defensible -- it's good.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 18, 2009 (06:25 PM)

Thanks for the comments, everyone. In response to what Janus said, that's an interesting point. I loved MadWorld and hated Ninja Gaiden, yet their camera control is virtually identical. There are a couple of distinctions to make:

1. MadWorld runs at a much slower pace that doesn't require constant camera adjustments.

2. The angle of the camera was one of the things that bothered me about Ninja Gaiden and that's never an issue in MadWorld.

3. MadWorld has a lock-on system that isn't worth using in any of the smaller fights but is an absolute godsend during the boss battles because it keeps the bosses front and center.

I can see what you're saying, Janus, but my point wasn't that MadWorld is so much fun that I'm able to dismiss its flaws. I'm saying that while the camera control certainly could have been more sophisticated (I mean, the d-pad is used for, what, item management?), as long as I can see what I need to see, and as long as the game's flow isn't broken by the need to fumble with the camera then I'm cool with it.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.