Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > aschultz's Miner review

This thread is in response to a review for Miner on the Apple II. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: April 04, 2009 (07:21 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Weird, I never even knew about this game.

Well, LR was a king hit when it came. 150 levels, make your own. Great animation on the hero. I remember my aunt and uncle gawking at his little legs flashing.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: April 04, 2009 (09:57 AM)

My first touch with Lode Runner was on the Commodore 64. Years have come and gone and scrawny kid has grown into obese software developer, but one thing never changed: I still suck at it.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: April 05, 2009 (09:08 AM)

I was shocked to find out about it too. The whole information superhighway thing is amazing, but just having GameFAQs to search through all the possible different versions helped me locate one that was actually different.

Forget who told me, or if I read it on wikipedia(might've been the topic creator of this thread) but Doug Smith contracted for 150 levels in Lode Runner and he let random people from the neighborhood try and create levels. I have to say, it showed a bit in some of the levels as they are not terribly sophisticated.

But perhaps my fondest memory is of a few levels that actually had you entrapped to start. I think it was part of the copy protection, that somehow you got flipped to a "bad" level. The disk I had was bootable and had the commands for the game if you typed catalog. I think you could run the ^ program(file lister for the Apple) too.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.