Ads are gone. We're using Patreon to raise funds so we can grow. Please pledge support today!
Google+   Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | DS | PS3 | PS4 | PSP | VITA | WII | WIIU | X360 | XB1 | All

Forums > HGWars > HGWars: The Epic Sticky

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07] [08] [09]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zigfried (Mod)
Posted: July 03, 2009 (07:51 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

What's your character class? I don't have definitive answers, but with your class, I can make guesses!

//Zig

Unlimited Zig Works!

board icon
Author: Ben
Posted: July 04, 2009 (06:04 AM)

I'm a ninja, formerly a thief.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 04, 2009 (10:26 AM)

Why does HP only go up a single point when you raise it with skill points? It seems that you'd never want to waste precious points leveling it, when the effect is much greater if you spend them on something like resilience or wisdom or what have you.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: July 06, 2009 (05:14 AM)

I find the value of raising HP dubious even if you'd gain several with each skill point increase. With victory determined by how many HP were taken off absolutely rather than relatively, all that a high HP would appear to do is to allow an opponent who'd normally kill you in one attack to instead attack you several times, gaining more exp and stealing more of your gold.

Not unless your HP makes the difference between actually being slain and surviving to counterattack does it actually benefit you. And on the first round, at least, I found that most people hit hard enough to kill each other two or three times over.

''Yes, yes...but apart from all that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?''

board icon
Posted: July 11, 2009 (12:54 PM)

BUG: "You'll gain 17 points every time you increase a level. Whether you place all of those points in one area or spread them out, you'll have to live with the consequences of your choices."

I think it's because I have 13 points left to spend, and 13 + 4 = 17. It told me I would gain 20 points each level when I had 16 points to spend. I still only get the typical four points per level, so the game is just displaying the wrong number to me.

Yeah, I hoard points.

board icon
Author: honestgamer (Mod)
Posted: July 11, 2009 (01:40 PM)

Thanks for pointing that out, as well as for highlighting the cause. That'll make it easier to fix when I have time to do so. That won't be anything immediate, but I'll try to go through this thread and fix little bugs like that one once I again have time to work on the game. Also on the list: more jobs besides the three I've recently added over the last few weeks, as well as more gear for those classes that can equip it. Right now, anyone over level 80 or so is going to get slammed by any appropriately-leveled beasts/fiends/demons, which isn't quite the fair and balanced game that I want to be in play for the long term.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 11, 2009 (01:49 PM)

Any word on the hp issue, V?

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: July 11, 2009 (03:12 PM)

The HP issue isn't an issue. It's just something that you wish were different. :-)

(Besides, others have already touched on some of the reasons that things are the way they are.)

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto

board icon
Posted: September 11, 2009 (04:19 PM)

Potentially huge bug, unless I'm missing something:

I was first on the leaderboards with 3 billion gold. I tried to deposit exactly 1 billion that I had in my possession into the vault, but seemed to end up [b]losing[/b] most of it. What's more strange is that the total gold in my vault is a seemingly random 2147483647 (as it stands right now), when before it was at a nice 2 billion.

There also hasn't been any recent activity according to my battle log.

In short, I've moved down one position and lost around 850 million gold or something.

board icon
Posted: September 11, 2009 (11:24 PM)

Not as random as it seems; that is 2 to the 31st power minus one. If that means nothing to you, that is the maximum limit on the data type that Jason chose to store gold in the HGWars database - a 32 bit integer.

Congratulations. Your gold has reached the maximum limit that Jason has accounted for.

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: September 11, 2009 (11:36 PM)

I think that means he wins.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or you're masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: September 11, 2009 (11:47 PM)

I agree. Good thing his gold didn't loop around to -2147483646.

board icon
Posted: September 12, 2009 (06:35 AM)

Hahaha. Go me, I guess.

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: September 22, 2009 (02:05 AM)

So any chance of a reset sometime soon?

"Either, sir, you're an ass or you're masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: September 22, 2009 (03:44 AM)

I can do that if it's what enough of the players want. I don't have time right now to tweak features or add content, though, so that's why I haven't been rushing to reset things.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07] [08] [09]

Info | Help | Privacy Policy | Contact | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998-2014 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party.Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors.