We're eliminating ads and looking to Patreon to secure the funding we need to grow. Please pledge your support today!
Google+   Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | DS | PS3 | PS4 | PSP | VITA | WII | WIIU | X360 | XB1 | All

Forums > HGWars > HGWars: The Epic Sticky

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07] [08] [09]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: May 20, 2009 (03:57 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You're still in that tower? You deserve to be robbed.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: May 20, 2009 (05:50 AM)

I seem to have been largely immune to robbery from what few people are in my level bracket (either that or I've become uninteresting). It doesn't matter anymore though, because my income per turn is lower than that of the rest of the high levels, and the distance only grows as time passes. If this was Settlers of Catan, this is where I'd suddenly claim my 10th point while everybody else was busy looking for the real threat elsewhere.

''Yes, yes...but apart from all that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?''

board icon
Author: zigfried (Mod)
Posted: May 20, 2009 (11:43 AM)

Most of my robbery attempts against Janus are failing, for reasons that I can't quite fathom. I've robbed Godly Abodes from people with higher STR/RES stats, but his Tower of Aluve is almost impenetrable!

//Zig

Unlimited Zig Works!

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: May 20, 2009 (12:03 PM)

Janus has really stacked his properties, though, hasn't he? That can make a big difference. I know I had a back and forth with EmP where I would build a Vendor's Stall and he would keep trying to rob me, and it worked well at first. I wasn't really gaining any levels in the meantime, either.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: May 20, 2009 (02:31 PM)

That's got to be some mighty stacking to overcome a 70-merc and 200-stat difference though... I've robbed stacked properties from other people, so maybe he just stacked them more than others and I didn't notice.

//Zig

Unlimited Zig Works!

board icon
Posted: May 20, 2009 (03:16 PM)

I think so. I mean he has 250 murky wells and nobody else has more than 150. I don't know how much stacking adds per unit, and I think it is greater the more expensive the unit, but given how quickly my properties would flip from easy-to-rob to hard to rob once I bought one or two more, this seems in line with my experiences.

-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: May 20, 2009 (04:24 PM)

I didn't even try to rob those wells. I'm not THAT dumb ;)

//Zig

Unlimited Zig Works!

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: May 21, 2009 (02:31 PM)

Ok. I just logged in to see how things were going even though I'm completely out of the running now (as I'd announced before - I just like to check from time to time). Anyway, that issue with logging in still exists. When you log in for the first time on the HGWars page, the bar at the top giving all the actions doesn't display, but does when you click the HGWars banner at the top of the page and then click on your name or whatever it displays when returning after being logged in.

The other issue, and probably the more important one, is that for some reason, despite not being active on there for days, I still get attacked frequently days after I should be inactive.

What espiga does in his free time
[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: May 21, 2009 (05:35 PM)

WQ --

I needed someone to intentionally fail at robbing, so as to deplete my HP before logging off. I figured it'd be safer to fail at robbing you, than fail against someone who would actually spend the fan money.

//Zig

Unlimited Zig Works!

board icon
Posted: May 23, 2009 (01:22 PM)

That's fine. But it's not the first time something like that's happened, and it wasn't only you, I don't think, at least not in times before. I thought it might be a problem with the game, so I pointed it out.

Attack me if you like; I am an 'easy' target after all =P. I just wanted to bring that to Jason's attention.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: May 28, 2009 (12:24 PM)

Yeah...I've been doing that too. Spreading the wealth around actually as I pick up levels.

Also, for the Scientific notation thing, this link http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=43053 seems to indicate the functions sprintf or number_format (as seen in other programming languages too) may be the way to go. However, something fancy like "x.x million" may be more useful in the end.

Anyway I have been trying a bunch of jobs just for fun and I found some more extra-minor typos. Some may already be in this thread. But I am going to lump everything found into one post. I think I'm safe from any insurgency from disco at the moment.

Bring Water to the Workers: harrass should be harass

Spy on the Duchess: sleeping aruond should be sleeping around

Secret ingredient: --Jacob tells you-- stylistically better with commas
also disolve should be dissolve

Blackmail the Blacksmith: Rupter should be Rupert

(more later once I get my skill points back)

-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: brokenmachine
Posted: June 01, 2009 (09:34 AM)

How is it possible that a char with an AGL of 3 can dodge multiple attacks from a char with an AGL of 24, but said char with 24 AGL can never dodge an attack from said char with 3 AGL? Are more than stat numbers at play here?

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: honestgamer (Mod)
Posted: June 01, 2009 (12:21 PM)

It's not strictly a matter of stats. Stats boost your ability to dodge, but anyone is potentially capable of dodging if luck factors in heavily enough. As far as some characters dodging more often than others where stats are equal, it truly is a matter of luck (not even the LCK stat, either) and will average out over time.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto

board icon
Posted: June 02, 2009 (02:22 PM)

Question about mercenary values: I've been wondering this since the last cycle.

Do we get to know how many points a mercenary gives to his specific attribute?

Is it (cost) / 1000? Or is the value constant across mercenaries?

Or is part of the fun guesstimating how strong they are?

-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: June 02, 2009 (02:48 PM)

Part of the fun is guesstimating. :-)

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: June 07, 2009 (12:51 AM)

How do turn updates work? I had thought it was every 60 seconds, but I've noticed a lot of times today that I have way less gold/en than I figured I should.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or you're masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: June 07, 2009 (12:55 AM)

Every 60 seconds, a turn occurs. You'll receive less gold than anticipated if your buildings are attacked, or if you yourself are attacked and lose gold. The game only gives you goodies for up to 8 hours away from it, so if you leave for 12 hours and then come back, you'll reap rewards only for 8 of those hours.

board icon
Posted: June 07, 2009 (01:07 AM)

Okay, but what if I watch TV for twenty minutes with the window open and then look back to see that my gold/en hasn't changed?

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: June 07, 2009 (01:26 AM)

I really don't know what would be happening in that case, unless somehow the page that refreshes that stuff for you has stalled in your browser.

board icon
Posted: June 08, 2009 (04:48 PM)

Ooo, one other thing, "Opulant Oboe" should be "OpulEnt Oboe." But the bard weapon names have amused me greatly.

-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: June 08, 2009 (08:06 PM)

Is there some kind of handy compilation of all the special abilities each class gets? I'd like to see it mostly for curiosity.

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: June 09, 2009 (01:53 AM)

There's no such compilation, no. I may put something together eventually as part of a planned 'help file' of sorts, but that's going to happen after some other stuff that I have planned (and will hopefully find time to do in the near future).

board icon
Author: darkstarripclaw
Posted: June 10, 2009 (01:09 AM)

What level can I do the second evolution at?

board icon
Posted: June 10, 2009 (02:10 AM)

board icon
Author: Ben
Posted: July 03, 2009 (05:35 PM)

Been playing HGWars for a while now, and enjoying it. I do wonder, though, how the success rate of robbing is calculated (my clan seems to suck at it while others seem to pull it off more consistently). I mean, it seems that your stats aren't as important compared to attacking, and I read earlier in this topic that stacking helps your defence, but I guess I want a slightly more definitive answer.

It's something I want to fix - I obviously don't want to catch up with the guys at the top level-wise if I'm extremely vulnerable to this!

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06] [07] [08] [09]

Info | Help | Privacy Policy | Contact | Advertise | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998-2014 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party.Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors.