Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Felix_Arabia's Super Mario Advance review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: March 30, 2009 (08:07 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

To whoever thinks deleting the original thread in any way changes my issues with this review: It doesn't.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: March 30, 2009 (08:49 PM)

On the chance that I accidentally deleted it (I was flipping between three windows: the forum, AIM, and deleting old Choaniki screenshots of mine to replace with better ones)... I'm sorry.

I don't know if it was me, because I wasn't paying nearly as much attention as I should have been (I was watching School Rumble while doing all of the above), but it might be my fault. It was an interesting and worthwhile topic, so please know that I wouldn't have deleted it on purpose.

Either way, I'd like to see the discussion continue. I liked JANUS2's point -- how by re-working the code to work on something other than the native system, a port's not going to be the "pure" experience. But how that's generally okay, as long as the port doesn't shame the original or just try to lazily cash in on exuberant consumers.

He worded it better than I just did, though =P

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: March 30, 2009 (08:50 PM)

Um, who deleted it? What in Sam Hill is going on here?

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: March 31, 2009 (02:14 AM)

There are ports that are better than or are arguably better than the original. I don't think that's really the case here though.

I feel very strongly about this: I liked Luigi's "butteriness", always have and always will.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: March 31, 2009 (03:51 AM)

Thanks for all the comments, guys. As for who deleted it, well, shit happens?

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: JANUS2
Posted: March 31, 2009 (07:42 AM)

I was responding to something Venter said.

Ports may be better versions, but they still aren't the original game. SMB2 without the buttery controls may be an improvement, but it isn't a true reflection of the original experience. I can understand why someone would object to all ports on the grounds of authenticity. Not that I necessarily agree with this argument.

Anyway, I'm not sure that I agree with this review (or the Metal Slug 3 one) either, but it's a provocative argument and therefore should fare well in Lewis's contest!

"fuck yeah oblivion" - Jihad

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: March 31, 2009 (10:46 PM)

SMB2 without the buttery controls may be an improvement,

Am I the only person who thinks SMB 2 actually has good play control?

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.