Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > The Pretentious Bastards Competition

This thread has been locked by a moderator. No additional messages may be posted.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: April 28, 2009 (09:57 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

lol Or it could just be that he only checks here every few days anymore.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: April 29, 2009 (05:35 AM)

So is there ever going to be a deadline?

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: April 29, 2009 (06:19 AM)

I don't want to run past this weekend really.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than CoolBoySuborg requested its removal.

board icon
Posted: May 02, 2009 (08:43 AM)

With the weekend half over (in Australia) and no deadline date brutally laid down, I suspect this line has already slid at least another week.

board icon
Posted: May 02, 2009 (09:06 AM)

Like I said, I'd have hoped everyone would have submitted before the end of tomorrow. But if I were to set that as a deadline and no one else submitted, it'd have been a pretty fucking embarassingly low output. Is anyone even really interested in this?

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: May 02, 2009 (10:13 AM)

I think people are waiting for a deadline to either:

1) submit their shocking last-minute entry, or
2) spur themselves on to actually finish what they've started

I propose no more extensions. Make the deadline tomorrow!

//Zig

board icon
Posted: May 02, 2009 (10:23 AM)

Well, I don't know if interest was an issue as much as time was... That's the problem with tourneys being scheduled for the end of April/start of May - it's during big time college exam week.

I'll try to get mine done today or tomorrow, though, since in a few hours I'm finally freeeeeeeeee!

I will admit, though, that I'm really freaking burnt out, so... if I even get it done, it might not be as good as I'd have liked.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: May 02, 2009 (12:27 PM)

True dat, WQ. I'm free, but then I'm a bum.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: May 02, 2009 (12:42 PM)

Zigfried has spoken. Tomorrow.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: May 02, 2009 (03:11 PM)

I'm not gonna have anything for this. Seriously.

Edit: Queue EmP saying GRRR YOU GUYS ARE LAZY AND I AM IN NO WAY REFERRING TO SUSKIE.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Posted: May 02, 2009 (06:34 PM)

People need deadlines to galvanise them one way or another. That said, this was all cover for me as I was ready for even the original deadline!

My entry will be up soonish (-dear staff, please don't reject the next thing I submit -)

board icon
Posted: May 03, 2009 (01:39 AM)

My entry -
Resident Evil (Gamecube)

board icon
Posted: May 03, 2009 (02:03 AM)

There are now four entries. Let's see if we can at least make it five or six... You have until I wake up tomorrow (probably about 9am GMT on Monday, whenever that is where you are.)

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: May 03, 2009 (03:18 AM)

In that case, I conclude that it is just Suskie who is lazy, and suggest we stone him.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: May 03, 2009 (11:33 AM)

Here's my entry, which I may or may have not already linked to.

Metal Slug 3

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Posted: May 03, 2009 (11:34 PM)

I'm going to announce that I wrote about half of this tonight but I am now too tired to finish it. So, regardless of your deadlines, I'm going to try and finish it tomorrow after my final... because I'll be spending the morning studying.

This thing's turning out like crap anyway, so I supose it's better this way.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: May 04, 2009 (11:27 AM)

Just in case, as I finally figure out you use links by avoiding spaces after href:

Even Deathlords Get the Blues

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: May 04, 2009 (08:37 PM)

Just subbed mine. I'm strangely quite happy with it. I hope that's justified. If I technically missed the deadline for this, oh well. I still wrote the review; I said I would. Haha.

EDIT: Here it is

board icon
Posted: May 05, 2009 (04:12 AM)

AAAAND we are closed. You guys got lucky that my internet was broken yesterday.

Judges, start reading and rating. PM me numbers and comments as and when asap.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.