Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > The Pretentious Bastards Competition

This thread has been locked by a moderator. No additional messages may be posted.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: April 19, 2009 (06:53 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

It better not be Friday... I'm screwed enough as is!

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: April 19, 2009 (07:05 PM)

It should probably stay 26th as listed. It's all Lewis' fault, he started speaking in German and not mentioning dates ;)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: April 20, 2009 (04:42 AM)

Oh, sorry. 26th. Friday is someone's Reso deadline. Arf!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: April 23, 2009 (05:17 AM)

I demand an extension! This deadline is like the week before finals & due dates. Either that, or I might have to reuse an old review and hope no one notices.

board icon
Posted: April 23, 2009 (06:59 AM)

I am fine with whenever. Just let me know.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: April 23, 2009 (11:21 AM)

Just let me know when we're reading to start reading and judging.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: April 23, 2009 (12:02 PM)

You are? I thought you said you were busy with final stuff, too, next week...

Because May 1st would be hella better for me, anyway. Since I still have two papers and some other things to worry about...

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: HAMMER-time
Posted: April 24, 2009 (12:43 PM)

Lost Odyssey

I enter fun-time contest of reviewing with all my new happy writing friends!!! Fun writing good time!!!! Must do more often!!!!

board icon
Posted: April 25, 2009 (07:51 AM)

Lewis, what's your verdict on this? As it stands now, I really don't think I'll be able to finish my review by the deadline, as I haven't even started it, and my mound of schoolwork is currently taking priority.

So if you keep the deadline the same (Me and Dagoss are only two people, after all), you probably won't see it from me, though I may try as a last ditch effort depending on how much progress I've made with my paper by the end of tomorrow. However, even if I don't make this, I still plan to write the review, so you should still have the pleasure (or displeasure if it turns out bad, lol) of reading it.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 25, 2009 (11:11 AM)

I can say for sure at this point that without an extension I'll be a no-show as well. I had several ideas for this comp but none of them materialized, and I'm working on several other reviews right now that don't fit the guidelines here. Given another week I might be able to come up with something, but as it stands, I've got nothing.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 25, 2009 (11:45 AM)

Extensions are nothing more than rewards for laziness.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: April 25, 2009 (01:35 PM)

Two term papers, five finals, and study abroad to worry about. Yeah, real fucking lazy.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: April 25, 2009 (02:30 PM)

Non-extensions would be a repression of the creative outburst that would've occurred if you extended the deadline. Or something.

Just one point of clarity--I'm running low on time, because I actually procrastinated some of this with work(go figure, it was interesting too) but think I can get it done. When's the latest it can be submitted? 12 PM Pacific on the 26th? Or earlier than then?

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: April 25, 2009 (02:46 PM)

Don't worry, WQ, it's aimed at me. Notice he didn't actually say anything until I chimed in.

board icon
Posted: April 25, 2009 (02:51 PM)

It's more aimed at the fact that every tourney we've run this year has had to have two month plus deadlines. I made mention of this right at the start of the topic.

But if you need it to feel better, sure. It's all about you. You lazy arse.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: April 25, 2009 (02:55 PM)

In the absence of any official decision, I'm saying that I personally don't care if there's an extension or not, but my portion of the verdict will be extended by a like amount (for karmic balance). So if you need two extra weeks, it'll be two weeks before I finish judging.

Thanks

//Zig

board icon
Posted: April 25, 2009 (03:38 PM)

I'm happy to extend. Mainly since there's been, like, what, one or two submissions?

board icon
Posted: April 25, 2009 (03:49 PM)

Chalk it up to creative bankruptcy. Basically, you're welcome to extend the deadline, but my ability to participate will depend on my capacity to come up with something interesting to talk about. And since I'm a boring fool I can't guarantee anything.

P.S.: I'm playing up the laziness for comedic effect.

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: April 25, 2009 (06:17 PM)

My piece is ready, I just wasn't gonna submit 'til the deadline. So if you're moving the deadline, you'll see it then.

board icon
Posted: April 25, 2009 (07:11 PM)

Don't extend it too much, because that just waters things down period, and the people who turned it in on time lose interest.

But if other people would like a few days too, great. I have something serviceable but I think the time to proofread it would be nice. Hopefully others can speak up to say "almost done" or "need extra time" or estimate how much has been done. This competition sparked some other stuff I wanted to try, so I definitely want to give a shot.

-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: April 26, 2009 (09:40 PM)

Well, I managed to submit something a minute or two ago. It's the fan fiction for Deathlord entitled Even Deathlords Get the Blues.

If it's accepted, that is. Of course, if it is not accepted, the only reason could be because it is so unimaginably pretentious that nobody could hope to match it, and you would have to give me the victory based on my writing's pretentiousness alone.

-- Emo Phillips

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than Foetlevow requested its removal.

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: April 27, 2009 (12:26 AM)

word don't delete that guys, i need to bookmark the sadistic domme link.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: April 28, 2009 (06:34 AM)

I work 3 jobs and I go to grad school (and I tutor English!). I balk at the very idea of calling me lazy -- !

board icon
Posted: April 28, 2009 (06:52 AM)

It took you three days to rise to that one? Laziness!

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.