Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > QuasidodoJr's Tenchu: Shadow Assassins review

This thread is in response to a review for Tenchu: Shadow Assassins on the Wii. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: March 14, 2009 (07:25 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

That's disappointing, then. I saw this on the shelf today at JB Hifi, picked it up, looked at the back, and the mists of memory stirred as I realised the blurb was mentioning the same two protagonists from the original game.

I remember the original was definitely one of the hardest games to do well in. I mean you could get through levels eventually, but to get through them with much grace was extraordinarily difficult.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: QuasidodoJr
Posted: March 15, 2009 (02:56 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I also loved the original games. There was a great sense of pride to be had when you could work your way through a level, undetected. With this game, each level follows more of a trial and error concept.

You can sometimes bumble your way through an unintended alternate route, but for the most part - the game has a specific way it wants you to complete your objectives, and until you figure out that specific way, you'll fail a lot.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.