Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > General Chatter > The official thread for user introductions!

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Dinoracha
Posted: March 02, 2016 (09:17 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I've been at both for years now, and I've figured (thanks to some recent obstacles that have developed) that it'd be the perfect line of work for me along with writing. I've gotten the whole gaggle of gear to both stream and record, it's just a matter of getting viewers to stay on stream and subscribed, not connect for three seconds then bail.

This is where the witty thing should be. I seem to have lost the witty thing. I'll get back to you on it.

board icon
Author: krozzus
Posted: March 03, 2016 (08:24 AM)

Hello people of gaming!

My name shall be krozzus and I do not answer to my slave name from the outernet. Im a 20 year old gaming addict, who found this site cause someone invited me to a myterious steam group and there I found a link that said if I wanted my reviews to actually be seen I shall post them here. Which I already did, pretty easy and fun. Right now I am studying law (or should be instead of gaming) and really the only thing outside of gaming I do is browse Youtube or image boards. Oh and eating, I tend to do that sometimes. Genrewise I will play literally anything, however walking simulators and visual novels usually dont quite do it for me (naturally there are exceptions like the Stanley Parable or Long live the Queen). Or Mahjong games. Right now im still trying to figure out how this place works and for example where I can ask questions and such. ANyway right now I am glad I am here, seems to be a chill place to hangout in.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: tomb
Posted: August 15, 2016 (12:29 PM)

ò.Ô

Hey HEY! What's going on round here! Aint been to this site in a loooong time. :D So i guess i'll intro again, lol. I was Preaching about Tomb Raider in yahoo! chat when this site got started, lol.

Anyone still here from way back in the GR days? Haven't seen anything from anyone since the GR:1 Forum got moved, and i missed out on where it went. :(

Anywho, good to see this place is still going strong for ya! Keep it up do0d! :)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: August 15, 2016 (04:54 PM)

Hello, Tomb!

I'm still around, but as far as I know, I'm the only person who frequented Game Room:1 that still checks this site with any regularity... and of course, I have my reasons for doing that.

As far as I know, the only place GR:1 now meets is in a mostly dead group on Facebook, which you can find here.

Jason

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: scrapbuks
Posted: April 24, 2017 (04:34 AM)

hello there!This is Scrapbuks an MMORPG gamer and I'm currently playing Ragnarok Journey!!!

my so-called gaming blog: beergincandiesnotincluded.blogspot.com

board icon
Author: Midcore
Posted: September 30, 2017 (11:06 AM)

Hey there, everybody!

I'm Midcore, a retro gaming enthusiast trying to survive in a modern gaming world. I've been playing video games since I could read, and recently I decided to get into writing game reviews in order to improve my writing ability, among other reasons.

I'm mostly familiar with games on Nintendo platforms, as those are what I grew up with, but now that I can afford and buy my own games, I've been gradually expanding my horizons. I'm willing to try almost any video game, except for online multiplayer games. Currently, I'm focusing on reviewing games from the seventies, including arcade and Atari 2600 games.

Aside from gaming, I also enjoy browsing the web and watching the occasional movie. I especially like the James Bond films.

That's all I have to say for now. I'm always looking for ways to improve, so I look forward to getting feedback on my content!

board icon
Posted: September 30, 2017 (02:28 PM)

Welcome to the site! As you contribute reviews, check the Review of the Week topics that are posted approximately weekly, to see if you placed in the top three and/or received some constructive feedback you can use as you continue improving.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Follow_Freeman
Posted: December 11, 2017 (01:26 PM)

Good afternoon! I'm here because this site greatly appeals to me due to its focus on analytical, in-depth reviews of many games I like, and the high standards it has in doing so. I plan to contribute reviews for lesser-known games new and old, and I hope I can introduce great games to others as well as Honest Gamers has introduced games to me. I'll get started on that as soon as I get the hang of using the site interface, have uploaded good screenshots of games I'll review, and have submitted an avatar for myself. Good to be here!

board icon
Author: andri_g
Posted: March 02, 2018 (10:46 PM)

Hi, everyone. I'm andri_g, but you can call me andri.

I enjoy games of different styles and from many different genres. However, my most persistent gaming activity is tackling my backlog. As a result I often find myself sharing my "discoveries" among gamers who finished these very games years ago. ** crickets chirping **

I checked-out other gaming article and blog sites, but the philosophy and extensive listing of new and classic (and some not-so-classic...) systems here seem to make HonestGamers the best match for the games and gamers I would like to "get to know better."

Happy gaming! :)

board icon
Posted: March 04, 2018 (01:26 AM)

Welcome to the site, andri. I hope you can use it to discover great games you hadn't yet encountered, and maybe share with us a few discoveries of your own!

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 06, 2018 (12:17 PM)

"However, my most persistent gaming activity is tackling my backlog. As a result I often find myself sharing my "discoveries" among gamers who finished these very games years ago."

You must be my twin separated at birth or something, as that's my thing! To the point I've had people poke fun at how I'll review a game saying something about how much I love a game/series and had been looking forward to playing it...and it's 5 years after the game's been released and talked about incessantly.

Such is life... I'm looking forward to finally buying that PS4 in 2020 or 21 so I can get excited about a whole new set of old news.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

This message was deleted at the request of CptRetroBlue, the person who originally posted it.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.