Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > General Chatter > The official thread for user introductions!

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: September 23, 2010 (03:02 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I'm Joe. I was out of the reviewing business for a while, but recently got back in. Upon reading my older reviews, I realized how much they stank. I decided I want to improve my review writing by gaining feedback from others, and hope to do so here.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 23, 2010 (12:56 PM)

There is no place better for improving your video game writing. Good to have you here. Well at least for now it is... you might be a jerk in disguise. Welcome, in any case!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: September 23, 2010 (05:24 PM)

Thank you! I assure you, I've had most of my shots.

board icon
Author: Ninjamohawk
Posted: January 04, 2011 (03:27 PM)

Hey everyone. I'm Tim. Recently I've started a reviewing website and I've done some reviews for gfaqs in the past. I want to get better at writing reviews and hope to give my work some exposure.

Anyone know if I can use the reviews I've submitted to gfaqs here? Or do they "own" them once submitted?

I really like the look and approach of this site. Especially the name. I get really sick of a lot of the reviews where nothing scores lower than 6 out of 10 etc etc.

Gameine

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: January 04, 2011 (03:48 PM)

You wrote your reviews for GameFAQs, so you own them. You can post them wherever you like, including here, so long as they meet the standards on the site where you post them. The only way a site "owns" your contributions is if you enter into such an arrangement because you're being paid (or for other reasons). Our standards here are higher than the standards at GameFAQs, but I hope that you can participate and find yourself improving, as others have throughout the years. Welcome to the site!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Ninjamohawk
Posted: January 04, 2011 (06:32 PM)

It was your sig at gfaqs that brought me here. (as long as you have the same SN there as here)

I hope my reviews can meet the standards of the site. I really enjoy writing reviews but my site is set up with a very small focus so a lot of games I'd like to review there I simply can't.

Here however it appears any game from any platform, genre, or generation is fair game which is exciting. =)

Gameine

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: January 06, 2011 (06:03 PM)

Welcome aboard Ninjamohawk.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Posted: January 06, 2011 (06:42 PM)

Indeed, welcome!

board icon
Author: goatx3
Posted: May 21, 2011 (10:51 AM)

don't know if i deserve a reintroduction, but here it is. my name is goat, and i love honestgamers with all my heart. i play videogames sometimes. i prefer books. i am in my late twenties. i am a single white male. i like hip hop and baroque painting. i want to see the HG boards become more active. i will post incredibly interesting things in every thread to stimulate rocking conversation. let's do this.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Gregarious
Posted: June 01, 2011 (09:04 AM)

Cheers.

The name's Kai and I play bad games.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: June 01, 2011 (09:52 AM)

Hi, Kai. I only play "good" games. ;)

board icon
Author: theweirdn8
Posted: June 20, 2011 (02:30 AM)

Well my introduction thread is here:
http://www.honestgamers.com/forums/threads/3634/view/0.html

Sorry, I did not see this thread at first.

board icon
Posted: June 20, 2011 (11:52 AM)

Oh, that doesn't matter. Welcome aboard.

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: June 20, 2011 (10:30 PM)

yeah, this dude seems mad chill.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: frauleigne
Posted: August 26, 2011 (12:55 AM)

I'm Summer Frauleigne. Kinda new here. Hoping to know a lot of new friends and learn from you guys as well. :)

board icon
Posted: August 26, 2011 (01:15 AM)

Welcome aboard!

board icon
Author: TheOctarineSky
Posted: January 09, 2012 (10:33 AM)

Sup gents. I'm gonna be doing a Neptune's Pride blog with some friends in a little while. Just created an account.

board icon
Author: crossangel2012
Posted: January 11, 2012 (05:04 PM)

hello everyone!! im a newbie in the forum im looking forward to a forum with an active members!!

http://bit.ly/uc5mFL

board icon
Author: JujuZombie
Posted: May 26, 2012 (10:57 PM)

Hello. My name is Gabrielle, and I love horror movies. Video games, too. I found this site by looking for reviews of Monster World IV, which I'm currently playing. I pretty much play anything, although my favorite genres are RPG's (JRPG if possible) and survival horror. I also love getting trophies on PS3 games.
Getting familiar with the site, looking around, enjoying the numerous reviews, and hopefully I'll post some of my own sometime. See yall around.

I'm of the mind that the only sane people left are the ones who were crazy to begin with.
-Stinger

board icon
Posted: May 26, 2012 (11:31 PM)

Welcome! I love horror movies too. And video games.

And subsequently, horror video games.

board icon
Author: BlackKitty
Posted: August 11, 2015 (03:17 PM)

Hi there!

I registered the other day cause I've seen and heard good things about the site! So far, it's pretty gosh darn amazing. I'm glad to have found this site and am gonna stick around.

board icon
Posted: August 13, 2015 (12:43 AM)

Welcome aboard, Black Kitty!

board icon
Author: Dinoracha
Posted: February 29, 2016 (03:44 AM)

I should probably make a peep of some sort after putting up a handful of reviews and articles so I don't look like a decently literate hermit.
Hullo. I'm a guy on the internet who talks and writes about video games when I'm not playing them. I'm hoping in the future to work for the video game industry not as a developer but to cover it in video and written form. It certainly would beat out doing night shifts at Wal-Mart, crikey.
I also do videos and live streams but I wasn't entirely sure if posting links to them on my 'About Me' would be an issue. Any rate, let's be game buddies. Or acquaintances in good relations.

This is where the witty thing should be. I seem to have lost the witty thing. I'll get back to you on it.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: February 29, 2016 (02:00 PM)

It's fine to link to your content in your bio, if you know the HTML to do it and make it look nice. I would recommend briefly mentioning your "YouTube channel" and making that text serve as the hyperlink, to help give your link extra juice. I believe there is a character limit for that field, so you'll have to keep your text short and to the point to accommodate the required HTML.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Never3ndr
Posted: March 01, 2016 (07:32 PM)

Nice, I've tried doing a twitch stream and a couple of LP's on youtube myself, but my internet is bad (so no streaming) and I just don't have the time (or equipment) to really dump into videos at the moment...however, if I ever get some spare cash and a lot of time to dump, I really would like to move into doing LP's and possibly video reviews or top 10 videos...its been something I've been wanting to do for a while now.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.