Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > General Chatter > The official thread for user introductions!

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: September 27, 2009 (09:41 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Panzerdrako - I've set your account up to send screenshots. Be sure to read through the lengthy rules when submitting for the first time... the rules should pop up whenever you submit a screen. In particular, make sure the screen is 320 pixels (or less) wide.

For videos, the process for those is to submit them on Youtube (or similar site) and then you submit the "embedded video link" here.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Panzerdrako
Posted: September 28, 2009 (12:03 AM)

thnx Zig...

just one question...
which "youtube video size" is better to embeded...

i do not want to "deform" the site...
http://www.honestgamers.com/systems/videos.php?game_id=36621&action=viewer&video_id=938&gametitle=DJ+Star+%28DS%29&videotitle=DJ+Star+trailer

sorry for my awful english...

board icon
Author: woodhouse
Posted: September 28, 2009 (05:58 AM)

I use width="425" height="344". I think that's the default size.

Buy -> Opium!

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: September 28, 2009 (12:32 PM)

Yeah, when you embed a YouTube video it defaults to the appropriate size unless you've somehow modified your YouTube account settings to display differently. The site can actually contain a video as wide as 600 pixels, I believe. Any wider and you would stretch the site.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: September 28, 2009 (07:40 PM)

oki doki

thnx!

board icon
Author: Cpt_Guapo
Posted: September 29, 2009 (08:10 PM)

Hi everybody,

I was looking for a FAQs site and ended up here. I'm part of the gang now...

"Myhtology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

board icon
Posted: September 29, 2009 (09:35 PM)

i think 530*360 it optimus...

thnx again...

board icon
Author: heroofthewinds
Posted: January 26, 2010 (09:19 PM)

Well, how this place has changed! Maybe Jason remembers me when this site was still a little tyke in trousers. For all you guys that don't know me, my name is Zak, currently finishing up my last few months in Pittsburgh as a game design student, then it is off to where ever the wind takes me. My has this place changed!

"We all have a greater destiny. It is our job to find what that destiny may be." -HeroOfTheWinds

board icon
Author: randxian
Posted: January 26, 2010 (10:17 PM)

For some reason, I have a hankering for Cheetos.

I CAN HAS CHEEZBURGER?

board icon
Author: private_joyce
Posted: March 04, 2010 (01:59 AM)

hi
i'm new here
not really
well i forgot about this thread
so i never get a chance to introduce myself.
so yeah, i'm joyce and i play MMO.
=)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Blaze3
Posted: April 24, 2010 (05:37 AM)

Hi there. I'm new, but you know that... I was linked here by Flying Omelette, and it seemed cool.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: April 24, 2010 (09:28 AM)

Welcome to the site! If you're coming from Flying Omelette's site, you probably will want to check out our extensive retro coverage. Or maybe you won't and you'll like our coverage of current games more. Either way, I look forward to seeing you around!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than jingke requested its removal.

This message was deleted at the request of CompanionCube, the person who originally posted it.

board icon
Author: CompanionCube
Posted: May 17, 2010 (08:14 PM)

Hey all.

Name's Jake. Ex-MLGer for the Rainbow Six and Socom series. I now work as an assistant manager for a gamestop. Big time gamer and all around Portal fanatic. Glad to be aboard.

"Your Aperture Science Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you, and in fact cannot speak. If your Weighted Companion Cube does speak, please disregard its advice."

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: May 18, 2010 (12:42 AM)

Welcome Jake CC to our community! Glad to have you and eager to see what reviews you may have in the works. Forgive me my lack of knowledge surrounding acronyms, but what is a MLGer?

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: CompanionCube
Posted: May 18, 2010 (06:55 AM)

Major League Gaming. It's a tournament league for FPS's. Mostly revolved around the popular shooters. I did small scale clan tournaments through www.gamebattles.com . I made it to an amatuer level playing local satellite tournaments with my Rainbow Six 3 clan, but I never got to the pro level. Here's the pros:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW6rgHkRYjw

"Your Aperture Science Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you, and in fact cannot speak. If your Weighted Companion Cube does speak, please disregard its advice."

board icon
Author: scrapbuks
Posted: July 08, 2010 (11:02 PM)

I'm thankful that I found this site. ^^ the reviews are very useful.

my so-called gaming blog: beergincandiesnotincluded.blogspot.com

board icon
Author: S-Cynic
Posted: July 09, 2010 (03:04 AM)

I'm S-Cynic and I'm a morbidly self-centered elitist.

I've either disliked or despised most of the games I've had the opportunity to play. Yes, I'm serious.

I'm painfully aware of the fact that I can't write; that's why I never submit reviews and rarely bother posting in the forums.

board icon
Posted: July 11, 2010 (11:17 PM)

there's no harm in trying.^^

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 11, 2010 (11:22 PM)

Hey, Scrap and Cynic! Welcome to the site! Give some reviews a shot, it's well worth the time! Really teaches you a lot about the way you think.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: July 12, 2010 (12:49 PM)

Welcome to our two new friends.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: July 12, 2010 (01:15 PM)

S-Cynic's been here for awhile, guys. Though, yeah, it does come off as a shock that he posted. >_>

He's more of a rater than a reviewer, if you wanna check them out on his page.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Posted: July 12, 2010 (09:41 PM)

thanks guys. yea i'm thinking of doing one.

board icon
Author: erickdgamer
Posted: September 11, 2010 (11:35 PM)

Hello......

My blogsite: [url]http://mumblejumbles.weebly.com[/url]

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.