Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > General Chatter > The official thread for user introductions!

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: March 06, 2009 (12:04 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Welcome to the site! We're glad that you joined and we hope to get to know you. There's a lot of great stuff to do on the site, stuff we hope that you'll enjoy as much as we do. First, though, we'd love to hear about you. Tell us how you found the site. Tell us what games you love... or hate. Tell us about your pet cat, Chester. Anything that defines who you are is fair game, as long as it doesn't violate forum guidelines. Let the introductions commence! Soonish. Any time now. We'll wait patiently, honest!

Uh... I guess I'll get things started. My name is honestgamer, but you can call me "Jason," because that's my real name from back before I was famous for being the first person on record to ever visit the honestgamers.com URL. I manage the site, so that could have had something to do with it. When I'm not coding new features for the site or tweaking existing ones, I'm usually posting news stories, tending to various PR and administrative duties, playing games or writing about them. When I'm not doing one of those things, I sometimes turn my attention to reading and writing fantasy and science fiction. Mostly, though, I'm a gamer who will happily try almost any game you care to name... and probably enjoy it in one way or another. My first console was the NES and I haven't stopped loving Nintendo, but I frequently play and enjoy games on all major platforms (excluding iPod and iPhone, because I can't afford those). I'm about to turn 30 (next month, actually) and I'm married and no, you can't see a recent picture because I don't have a digital camera. Your loss!

Find out more about my day-to-day life on my blog. Just be forewarned that like the above forum post, it's pretty dull. Paint drying on the wall is sometimes more fascinating. I'm not even joking.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: pomkane
Posted: March 09, 2009 (05:25 PM)

Hi im Poe and im new to the site...

Im an MMORPG player and I am currently playing Atlantica Online by nDoors interactive.

See u guys in the discussions.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: March 09, 2009 (05:56 PM)

Awesome. You listened to my idea after all, Jason! =D

Anyway, I'm WQ, a regular currently busy in college. I welcome you, Poe, and anyone else to this site. I hope you have a good time here.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: doncheadle
Posted: March 10, 2009 (01:57 PM)

Hi.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 10, 2009 (03:29 PM)

I'm Zipp Dementia, reviewer extraordinaire and creator of the phrase "Ego-testical."

I'm also an all-around nice guy who is desperately in need of a new girlfriend. Anyone interested? It comes with access to my extensive collection of video games... and 50% off at the Spaghetti Factory :P

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: asscam
Posted: March 10, 2009 (03:35 PM)

You can have me, baby.

Ninja Gaiden's official camera.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: March 10, 2009 (04:04 PM)

Ego-testicle?

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: goatx3
Posted: March 10, 2009 (10:58 PM)

why hello there!

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: April 06, 2009 (10:25 PM)

Hi, my name is ASchultz, and I'm an HGWars-a-holic.

It's bloomer's fault I'm in HGWars. Blame him next time I attack you for what for no discernible reason.

But seriously, it felt like the right time to come back and update some old reviews when I had spare time(which can get wasted anyway) and maybe even knock off some old stuff I never got around to, and catch up with old GameFAQs acquaintances. It's just so hard for me to change home base. I think I am shifting more from faq/review writing to writing writing, but it's always nice to have a place where I can send stuff if I want, and people may even give feedback on it.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than JuanGuanTaran requested its removal.

board icon
Author: ilovenintendo111
Posted: April 10, 2009 (03:21 PM)

Hey!! My name is Lucille, but most people call me Lucy! =D Anyway, computer people know me as ilovenintendo111!! Hee'hee! I'm so new here I don't really know what I'm doing...

board icon
Author: shotgunnova
Posted: April 11, 2009 (03:08 PM)

I'm Shotty, the midnight marauder of women's hearts. My claim to fame is FAQing, although I did get 5th in the state spelling bee years ago and that's pretty cool too. My fave games are FFT, Chrono Cross, Xenogears and Wild ARMs 3; my least faves are JRPGs with gee-whiz characters and bland combat, which is about 90% of 'em. I live in Montana, the real name's Patrick, and I like girls with pigtails. =3

Oh, and I love westerns.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: April 12, 2009 (06:34 AM)

Howdy. I'm Sashanan, software developer, Dutchman, and that guy that seems to have been around from the dawn of time in everybody's mind without having written a whole lot of reviews. I crosspost my work over GameFAQs and Honestgamers, and I participate in HGWars without anything resembling skill.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than rubikasuss requested its removal.

board icon
Author: HAMMER-time
Posted: April 24, 2009 (12:45 PM)

I like write stuff!!!! I come here write stuff!!!!! We all friends, yes????

board icon
Author: hell
Posted: June 05, 2009 (03:14 PM)

Finally...................... Hell has returned to HG!!!!

(much to the chagrin of some of you I am sure!)

lol.... sorry I have been gone far too long.... what have I missed?

Hatred of all things alive.......

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: June 05, 2009 (07:12 PM)

I'm David. I wrote an assload of reviews last year when I was unemployed, living alone in an unfamiliar city, and drinking heavily. I've written hardly anything this year, but I'm considering various actions in my life that might result in spiral back into a pit of mania and depression, at which point I'll post more awesome reviews.

Also, I'm cynical.

board icon
Author: ManOWarr
Posted: June 21, 2009 (11:50 AM)

My name is Man O Warr, after my favorite heavy metal band. I've been a frequenter of Honest Gamers for a while, although this is the 1st time I've actually registered for the forums.

Just wanted to say "hi". Now pass the Pez.

I think of the immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: June 21, 2009 (02:16 PM)

hi, I'm a big dick and I have a big dick.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than Noubrorce requested its removal.

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: June 21, 2009 (04:49 PM)

now I can have an even bigger dick.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: August 11, 2009 (11:35 AM)

Greetings everyone. Looking forward to being a part of this wonderful group of gamers. Honest!

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 11, 2009 (12:10 PM)

Welcome! Honest!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: ManOWarr
Posted: August 11, 2009 (01:42 PM)

Welcome to HG!

I think of the immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

board icon
Author: Panzerdrako
Posted: September 27, 2009 (05:04 AM)

hi guys!

i was looking for a guide and i found this place...
i hope help the cause!

hehe....

(i have a bunch of videos and screenshots to share....but it seems i need to do something special to obtain that , right? )

sorry for my awful english...

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.