Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > louis_bedigian's Deadly Creatures review

This thread is in response to a review for Deadly Creatures on the Wii. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: February 27, 2009 (11:24 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nice review of what seems to be a very interesting game that (if I owned a Wii), I'd be very interested in at least renting. If I had any qualms with it, it's that it feels a bit incomplete to me as far as how all of what you said fits together. Like, it seems to me that in an attempt to not give any spoilers, you might not have given enough information as to how the levels are designed, what your objectives are, how the humans fit into things, etc.

I know you control a spider or scorpion, you fight other insects/arachnids, humans are involved and snakes tend to be bosses, as well as that you get to have a bit of unrealistic fun with your critter of choice, doing neat attacks and stuff with them. But I guess, considering the very high rating you gave the game, I'd like a bit more info as to what's going on and why this game is such a high quality action game that happens to feature spiders and scorpions.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 28, 2009 (12:23 AM)

You're making me feel bad again about selling my Wii, Louis. Stop it.

In any case, if you can evoke emotion in your readers like you just did in me, you're doing something right. Good job.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: February 28, 2009 (12:38 AM)

Wow, big praise. I think this is the first review of this game I've read that hasn't been largely negative.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: February 28, 2009 (01:11 AM)

Really, Lewis? Ever since GameRankings went down I've been pretty out of touch on the professional consensus for current games, but I remember IGN gave it a favorable rating.

I'm planning on getting a Wii within the next week or so, and after I get all of the "big" titles, this is one of the games I've had my eye on. This review only reinforced that. So well done, I say.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: February 28, 2009 (03:54 AM)

"Negative" is harsh. I meant most aren't so gushingly positive. What's it Metacriticing at the moment, about 60-70% or something? Not that it matters.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.