Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > General Chatter > How did YOU find HG? v3

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: elit3gam3r
Posted: March 30, 2009 (10:41 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

hey no other updates or is there new thread or active users here?
hmm i guess no one again. how sad. My friend introduce me this site but nobody are here.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: March 30, 2009 (10:48 AM)

There are people here posting daily, but apparently not in the threads that you're checking! There are still some areas where we don't have a lot of active participants, including MMORPGs, but we're growing!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 30, 2009 (11:49 AM)

It's true we don't really have an extremely dedicated forum user base. We're more focused on the actual reviews.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: espiga
Posted: March 30, 2009 (04:08 PM)

ESPIGA'S TOTALLY AWESOME HG STORY V: 1.117ß

Once upon a time, deep in Honestgamers Hell, which is located one tier higher than Bluberry's Realm Blog, there was a reviewer named Scott. The aim conversation went something like so:

Scott: Join honestgamers and look at all of my awesome reviews, blah blah I'm so awesome I'm so awesome me me me me me

Me: Not really but ok.

And so I joined and didn't post a review for months. And then real life took me by the balls and I didn't post a review for months. And here I am. Wanna cuddle? =D

Your girlfriend's name ends in .jpg

board icon
Author: elit3gam3r
Posted: April 01, 2009 (11:46 AM)

heya no new thread?
wtf!!? this forum site is good to be dead. lol ^^
how sad no other active user here.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: ilovenintendo111
Posted: April 10, 2009 (03:18 PM)

IDK if this is still the main topic, but I found this site on Neoseeker when I was looking at a Walkthrough a few months ago, so I'm a newbie here...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: April 10, 2009 (04:01 PM)

Elite, what the hell are you talking about? There's new threads being created all the time. Check out the actual forums (big blue button along top of the screen that says "forum"). Try making some new posts yourself, if you think there aren't enough.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: shotgunnova
Posted: April 11, 2009 (03:12 PM)

One Mr. Venter told me about this site, drawing lofty comparisons such as "It's like the treasure of the Sierra Madre!" and "5.5% financing!" And here I am to this day. The end.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 11, 2009 (03:26 PM)

Lies! You followed me here to deepen out ever-growing rivalry which will end when I take your head.

And that day is coming....

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: April 11, 2009 (03:49 PM)

^ Or just negatively reviews all the games he knows and loves.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: shotgunnova
Posted: April 11, 2009 (06:31 PM)

Haha, as soon as you log into HGwars, I'm going to take YOUR head and stick it on a pike. I'll tell Chuckles it's a shishkabob.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: April 12, 2009 (05:47 AM)

From GameFAQs, obviously, though I don't remember how exactly.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than jfdgdfs requested its removal.

board icon
Author: espnking2002
Posted: April 25, 2009 (05:54 PM)

I found the site from Google that linked to one of Jason Venter's old editorials about growing up on Nintendo. I used to really like reading those things, I wish there was a feature still like it on the site.

I miss the old green and black format that used to be on the site back in '03ish. It gave the site a certain underground feel, like it was a secret that not many people knew about it. It was fucking miserable though, and I doubt it attracted many visitors besides myself. I just kinda miss the old days where I would pretend to be older than I really was by entering competitions and writing the most shitty, terrible reviews in which I made myself look like a complete idiot. I could probably write a decent review now but I don't really have any motivation to do so.

"Excuse me. Everyone, I have a brief announcement to make. Jesus was black, Ronald Reagan was the devil, and the government is lying about 9/11. Thank you for your time, and good night."

board icon
Author: wild_ookami
Posted: August 03, 2009 (12:18 PM)

Erm I found HG just by surfing around the net, and I found some pretty cool ones over at this site....So yeah, I decided to register. That's pretty much it.

board icon
Author: disco
Posted: August 03, 2009 (10:17 PM)

I just followed everyone from Gamefaqs. Boring, but true.

Is there another word for synonym?

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: August 04, 2009 (12:47 AM)

hey, it's espnking! I'm only three months late noticing, haha if you see this how've you been?

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: ManOWarr
Posted: August 04, 2009 (01:53 PM)

Some of the forums here aren't used a lot because the ones that are (the reviews) are used everyday. Discussing the latest reviews is what the Reviewers consider "Chit Chat". So if you don't see a lot of actual "chit chat" in the Chit Chat section, then now you know why.

Right now I'm playing so many games at once that I can't post an honest review of any of them because I haven't finished them yet! And with the new DLC of Gears of War 2 out, and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 on the Xbox Live Marketplace, and new games on the horizon....oh no...I'm getting sucked in....aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

At least I can post a new "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" review soon. Just gotta stop playing the other games long enough to finish the review...DANG YOU RELEASE CALENDAR!!! DANG YOU TO HECK!!!

I think of the immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: August 20, 2009 (03:50 PM)

I was doing a Google search for some very specific information on a game I am playing and I found this site had an excellent guide. As I poked around on this site I thought WOW this is really cool. How come I never knew about this before - Now all my firends know and I really like guides and reviews.

Well, that was exciting huh?

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: August 21, 2009 (01:08 PM)

I don't remember. Something to do with big plants.

_

board icon
Author: Cpt_Guapo
Posted: September 26, 2009 (10:29 PM)

By Google. I was doing a search about Games FAQs and Walkthroughs other than Game FAQs and IGN, and ended up here.

"Myhtology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

board icon
Author: private_joyce
Posted: March 05, 2010 (02:17 AM)

yeah.. so i'm asking why is this site so quite and no one doesn't want to help regarding some inquiries. does this site has a moderators?

board icon
Author: blood-omen
Posted: April 30, 2010 (04:17 AM)

i was also invited by Jason to contribute to HG after he saw my reviews over at GameFaqs.....now im a freelancer at HG :D

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: April 30, 2010 (11:21 AM)

hm.. I think I was searching for a Mirror's Edge review, and happened to click on Zipp's review here. I didn't like what the review said, and I still think it was terribly wrong on a number of levels. But it was well written, and the reasoning was really well described. So I thought - a site with reviews like that - well described view-points that were not like my own - would be a good idea to visit again.

board icon
Author: radicaldreamer
Posted: April 30, 2010 (05:37 PM)

I came from GameFAQs, along with many others. I came at the time when HG was basically already up and running though, but while the GameFAQs' scene was still active. People were already crossposting their material on the two, but I didn't bother with HG for a while because I thought it was small time, like some dude's geocities site. Eventually it became clear that the GameFAQs' scene was migrating to HG, and I realized that HG was much better than I had given it credit for, so I jumped onto the bandwagon.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.