Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zippdementia's Syberia review

This thread is in response to a review for Syberia on the DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: February 17, 2009 (02:31 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

:| Ouch!

Syberia was almost brilliant on the PC, but the developer had The Longest Journey to live up to. Didn't quite manage it.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: February 17, 2009 (03:08 AM)

After reading the comments in your blog, this review actually sounds generous. I still can't wait to read Lewis's review for... um, that game he's playing that he hates.

In other new, it's 6am and I'm going to bed.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Lewis
Posted: February 17, 2009 (06:01 AM)

I'm actually about to write one up for HG as well, so you'll be able to see my thoughts before the next issue of Reso!

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: February 17, 2009 (06:45 AM)

I liked this review. I thought it was rather well-done, and the intro was clever. Haha. It's probably a good thing you didn't treat the game the same way you did in your blog because that might have set too negative a tone and thus led to another debate or something.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 18, 2009 (12:57 AM)

Granted, I probably should've slipped this line in there somewhere:

"The DS has become a port system. This is... well, I'm not sure what it means. Sometimes I'm grateful, because it brings me (and a new generation of gamers) classics like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 4.

Other times it fucks things up royally. Like in Syberia."

I'm not sure why I didn't, actually.

On the other hand, I always try to be fair, especially when I haven't beaten a game. For all I know, everyone who beats Syberia DS gets free blowjobs. All I can say for sure is that the first few hours of the game are exceedingly painful.

Hey, I should've put those lines in there, too. Dammit!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: jovus22
Posted: April 30, 2009 (10:54 AM)

http://route17.org/66/SYBERIAWALKTHRU.html

For those frustrated with the game, here is a walkthrough for the DS version.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: April 30, 2009 (10:50 PM)

his introduction is awesome:

Welcome to (currently) the only DS version walkthrough for Syberia. If you're reading this because you want to know what the game's like before you buy it, don't bother. Don't buy the game to begin with. It's head ache after head ache, and more stress than the short game is worth. Buy the PC version instead for $10. The thing with the DS version is that it's been cut down quite a bit so that only the most important things remain, but there are still enough plot holes to confuse you.

Isn't that encouraging?

Also, most of the things that you have to do in this game are never explained. There are no clues to lead you to the next point. You have to stumble around and figure it all out on your own. Or you used to. Now I'm here. :-D "

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.