Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Magical Mystery Tournament!

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: February 14, 2009 (10:19 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Fuck you.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: True
Posted: February 14, 2009 (10:37 PM)

Hey, Buddy. You picked it. Heh heh heh.

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: February 14, 2009 (11:33 PM)

Then fuck the Eagles.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 15, 2009 (01:40 AM)

I'm yet thinking of changing mine up for something REALLY obscure, like Nigel's World or Lone Wolf: The Mirror of Death. But getting those to work on my computer could be a chore.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: February 22, 2009 (06:26 AM)

Deadline for this event is March 20, 2009 (it's also in the 1st post). Now you know, OD.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: February 27, 2009 (08:21 PM)

Hey, why is "free game" in quotes for my rule? I'm assuming I supposed to review freeware here and not something I steal.

_

board icon
Posted: March 01, 2009 (11:56 AM)

As suspected, I couldn't get my computers to play Mirror of Death or Nigel's World. But I DID get it to play Liquid Wars, so I'll probably bust out that review (among with a couple others) this week and turn it in to replace Evil Zone.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: March 01, 2009 (12:07 PM)

Genj, that would be freeware, yes.

board icon
Posted: March 07, 2009 (02:04 AM)

Keep an eye out in the next couple of days for a Liquid Wars review to replace my Evil Zone review as my submission for this contest.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: March 07, 2009 (01:40 PM)

Okay. I've got a problem. I've been playing through Lego Star Wars quite happily, working my way through completing it. Yesterday, the game froze, then to my horror, my 360 red-ringed. Couldn't believe it. I could probably write a review based on what I've played, for the main mode, but there's quite a few other modes in the game I haven't even tried yet. I'm hoping I get my 360 back soon, or it's going to seriously hurt my review chances for this contest. =(

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: March 07, 2009 (02:05 PM)

Just make stuff up.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: March 07, 2009 (02:12 PM)

The good news is that if it's anything like here in the US, you'll have your Xbox 360 back in only about 4 weeks. How's that for speedy service?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: March 07, 2009 (02:31 PM)

I got mine back in a week. With "We're really sorry!" goodies, to boot.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: March 07, 2009 (03:27 PM)

But Felix, if I make stuff up, you'll know! I know you've played it! I remember judging your review.

board icon
Posted: March 07, 2009 (07:00 PM)

A part of me wants to scream "Serves you right for owning an Xbox360!"

Another part of me suffocates it and tries to offer sympathy, but seriously man... Red Rings of death come with the territory. I know exactly NO people who own their original Xbox360.

board icon
Posted: March 07, 2009 (11:26 PM)

Okay, THIS is the review I'm submitting for this contest.

Have at you!

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: March 07, 2009 (11:39 PM)

I'm suddenly very hard-pressed to make deadline for this. I'll try - I really will - but... school's just a bitch right now.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: March 08, 2009 (06:11 AM)

I know this is True's contest, but as one of the judges, I'm changing the deadline for this event!

The new deadline is March 20, 2009 at midnight HG time. That's a Friday. It's in the first post, too.

This benefits people like WQ and Jerec who may be able to get by with more time. It also helps me out because the 15th is a major deadline for the work I'm doing now. Plus, I'll be going to New York a few days after that, and the earliest I could have my results would be the 21st or 22nd, anyway. The deadline being on the 20th gives all of us more breathing room.

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: March 08, 2009 (08:21 AM)

Great! Wasn't sure if I could make the first deadline but I can definitely do this.

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 08, 2009 (12:52 PM)

It definitely helps me! I've been so busy with work that it's been a good week since I've had time to play my game, so it'd have been very doubtful that I'd be able to provide anything more than a half-assed attempt at a review based on 20% of my game by the 15th (and that might be the best-case scenario). Now, I should be able to give ya as half-assed attempt at a review based on 45% of my game!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: March 08, 2009 (01:12 PM)

That's 5% more than you would normally give!

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: March 08, 2009 (01:57 PM)

Bless you, Felix. The chances of me making this one are much higher now. I hope.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: March 08, 2009 (04:07 PM)

Excellent! Thanks Felix.

board icon
Author: True
Posted: March 08, 2009 (11:50 PM)

I appreciate Felix changing it to a more suitable date, as I would have done it myself. The 20th, for now, will work. Though I have encountered some very... drastic personal issues, so that date may be subject to change again.

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

board icon
Author: darketernal
Posted: March 17, 2009 (11:49 AM)

http://www.honestgamers.com/systems/content.php?review_id=7872&platform=PSP&abr=PSP&gametitle=Dead+Head+Fred

Dead Head Fred is my review for this tournament.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.