Ads are gone. We're using Patreon to raise funds so we can grow. Please pledge support today!
Google+   Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | DS | PS3 | PS4 | PSP | VITA | WII | WIIU | X360 | XB1 | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > wolfqueen001's Metal Gear Solid review

This thread is in response to a review for Metal Gear Solid on the PlayStation. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: June 21, 2008 (04:48 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You really hit the nail on the head with the gameplay. Shooting is such a pain, and I often get caught or die fumbling with the controls. I'm just playing through it myself for the first time too. I have yet to figure out if the story is brilliant and full of symbolism or just cheesy.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: June 21, 2008 (04:55 PM)

I was thinking about reviewing MGS, but this review mirrors my thoughts on the game so perfectly, I feel discouraged now. THANKS A LOT, WOLFQUEEN.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: June 21, 2008 (05:50 PM)

Finally being able to comment on this finished product, I'll say that I definitely liked how you refined your review. As I was reading through it, I thought that your points were well-conveyed. Rephrasing what Suskie said, your experience with the game was pretty similar to mine. The review was nice and easy to read and believable. You definitely made the finished version of this review the best one. Nice work!

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: June 21, 2008 (06:06 PM)

Thanks, guys! =D I wasn't too sure how this turned out... I know I felt better about it than most of my stuff, but I still wasn't sure.

Dagoss: Haha. Yeah. Fighting's really annoying sometimes. I'm just glad it's mostly bosses, or at least seems to be. For some reason, fighting them is usually easier. Probably because they don't swarm you when seen. And I'd call the plot both shocking and cheesy. It's just that ambiguous.

Suskie: Well, as glad as I am when my reviews turn out effective, I'd much rather they inspire people to write them... not discourage. Sorry for that. Heheh.

Felix: I'm glad you like the new changes! Without your help, this surely wouldn't have been nearly as good or effective. So thanks a lot.

What espiga does in his free time
[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: June 21, 2008 (08:13 PM)

decoy octopus lol

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: Halon
Posted: June 21, 2008 (10:04 PM)

I disagree completely but liked the review!

IF YOU WANT MORE BEATS FOR YOUR BUCK THERE'S NO LUCK.

board icon
Author: psychopenguin
Posted: June 25, 2008 (01:44 PM)

I can't believe this game is almost 10 years old now.

http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=psycho_penguin

Info | Help | Privacy Policy | Contact | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998-2014 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Metal Gear Solid is a registered trademark of its copyright holder. This site makes no claim to Metal Gear Solid, its characters, screenshots, artwork, music, or any intellectual property contained within. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors.