Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > wolfqueen001's Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring review

This thread is in response to a review for Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: sashanan
Posted: June 01, 2008 (03:14 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I have the PC version of this and never even got through that part at the beginning where you have to evade the Nazgul. So I've ended up playing only the 20 minutes of fetch quests at the beginning, hooray.

Maybe the worst part is that one of them spots you, he draws his sword and demands you "hand over the Ring" (prompting game over) - very unnazgullike.

"Deep in the earth I faced a fight that I could never win. The blameless and the base destroyed, and all that might have been. -- GK"

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: June 01, 2008 (03:30 AM)

Heh. That's where I got stuck on the Xbox version, Sash! I sold it, of course. That was the first game I think I got for my original Xbox. What a disappointment it was!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 01, 2008 (03:41 AM)

EmP finds typo:

unusable earlier because Ringwraiths can see through it’s magic

Its, not it's.

Good review though: nice job. Maybe I should try and re-type the Third Age review that died with the server.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: June 01, 2008 (09:32 AM)

Haha. It is a hard game to get into at first. I think I almost gave up at the beginning because it was taking me hours to get past that part... It does get better, though, so I'm glad I stuck through it.

And the Nazgul also say that when you wear the Ring too long. But since you rarely have to use it, there's no real chance of that happening.

And thanks, EmP! If that's the only typo I missed out of the five or so proofreads I made, then I'm happy.

I'd be even happier if you did try to rewrite that Third Age review. Part of my reason for writing this was my hope that writing this would motivate you to try and pick that up again (and hopefully complete it). That'd be awesome. I remember really liking the draft you had in there...

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: georox
Posted: June 01, 2008 (03:06 PM)

This was a game I traded in quite fast compared to any other I owned. Good thing is the Two Towers and Return of the King games where good.

Steampunk?

board icon
Author: darketernal
Posted: June 01, 2008 (05:20 PM)

If I remember correctly, this game was made to follow the "books" more than the actual movie and for that I rejoiced. It started out fun, with exploring the Shire, the music was nice and ambiental and I actually had fun.

Then I died.

And died again.

Then I got Aragorn and kicked some arse until I was waylaid by a huge troll. I saved my game just as the troll was swinging his club half a mile away from me. Game saved, I was ready to unleash holy judgement upon the beast only to find out that the attack connected from that far away and killed me in one blow. So basically, I saved the game while in an non escapable trap and the only way out was to restart the game.

Needless to say, the game's disc is now a permanent stain on the pavement, five floors below my apartment.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.