The meaning of life is to be aware.
The breath of life is to remember. -Self
Title: A Rainbow-Colored Response to RE5 Being Racist Posted: August 02, 2007 (10:46 AM)
- I played Resident Evil 6 today and all the zombies had red necks. Where's my blog?
- Perhaps the black zombies should have been The Color Purple.
- If a zombie is about to eat me, I think that my primary concern is not: "The Impact on Subvarieties of Melanin in Zombie-Human Relations".
- I don't see what the big deal is. They're obviously African zombies, not African-American ones.
- The problem is definitely with Japan. I mean, the Japanese should know that whites and blacks are not as equal in America as they are there. It would set a bad example and that's so not Oprah.
- The only people that can claim video games to be racist are ugly alien humanoids before they're beautifully dead. You know, the good kind.
- Resident Evil 5 is not racist. It would be if the zombies were distracted by holograms of KFC.
User: pup Title: Posted: August 02, 2007 (10:56 AM)
Having black, African zombies is not racist. It's ridiculous. Everyone knows that only white people make good zombies.
User: joseph_valencia Title: Posted: August 02, 2007 (11:22 PM)
I remember people leveraging similar complaints against RE4.
Me, I also don't see what the problem is. Judging by the number of Middle American zombies killed during the course of REs 2 & 3, I'd say the characters in Resident Evil are equal opportunity killers.
User: Halon Title: Posted: August 03, 2007 (09:55 AM)
Big deal, doesn't the game take place in Africa or something? It isn't the developers fault that the majority of people in Africa are black. I'm sure there was no malicious intent.
For now on I guess there needs to be a black, white, hispanic, asian, and native american zombie to make it fair, right?
User: Genj Title: Posted: August 03, 2007 (07:46 PM)
People are overly sensitive about a lot of stupid things. This is why all commercials always have white guys as the "foolish" or "uninformed" butt of the joke.
User: iamtheprodigy Title: Posted: August 03, 2007 (08:28 PM)
Undead blacks are people too. Throw them Kool-Aid to distract them.
Opinions expressed in this blog represent the opinions of those expressing them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of site staff, users and/or sponsors. Unless otherwise stated, content above belongs to its copyright holders and may not be reproduced without express written permission.