We've removed ads and are looking to Patreon to secure revenue so we can grow. Please pledge support today!

Turbografx-CD Game Reviews

The newest Turbografx-CD game reviews available on the site are listed on this page. You can search the database for additional reviews by browsing alphabetically according to game title, or feel free to check review listings for additional systems.

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Ys Book I & II (Turbografx-CD) artwork

Ys Book I & II review (Turbografx-CD)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

maboroshi says: "I examine Ys Book I & II, a game you'll often find in top 50 lists but you don't often see a lot of people gushing about it the way you find Final Fantasy fanboys do. Is it because it just never caught on or is the game not as great as everyone says? read on for more. "
maboroshi's avatar
Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Turbografx-CD) artwork

Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo review (Turbografx-CD)

Reviewed October 27, 2011

JoeTheDestroyer says: "Rondo of Blood prides itself on following Castlevania traditions while not relying on them solely. I could yammer on for ages about awesome level designs, great ominous scenery, and fantastic soundtrack packed with modern updates of memorable themes. However, you could attribute those qualities to any great Castlevania title. Rondo of Blood uses them in such a way that they serve as both tradition and homage."
JoeTheDestroyer's avatar
Kaizou Chounin Shubibinman 3: Ikai no Princess (Turbografx-CD) artwork

Kaizou Chounin Shubibinman 3: Ikai no Princess review (Turbografx-CD)

Reviewed October 03, 2010

espiga says: "It's just another day in modern Tokyo. A cute schoolgirl (or schoolboy, if you're so inclined to choose) is walking down a metallic pathway, when suddenly, robotic ape/lizard hybrids leap from nowhere, only to be slashed in twain with your sword that leaves a shower of sparkles in its wake. Reinforcements come in from all sides as you continue to press your way to the right. A large humanoid robot attacks, its lanky limbs forcing you to keep your distance. You hold your attack button, and after ..."
espiga's avatar
Super Darius II (Turbografx-CD) artwork

Super Darius II review (Turbografx-CD)

Reviewed September 20, 2010

Zigfried says: ""
Cho Aniki (Turbografx-CD) artwork

Cho Aniki review (Turbografx-CD)

Reviewed September 08, 2010

Zigfried says: "Ever since composer Koji Hayama played the drums for classmates at a school festival, his dream was to "be famous". Cho Aniki's serendipitous success made his dream come true. When the Japanese speak of culturally significant videogames, they speak of Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, and Cho Aniki."
Download 2 (Turbografx-CD) artwork

Download 2 review (Turbografx-CD)

Reviewed September 02, 2010

Zigfried says: ""Cyberpunk isnít just a genre -- itís a mindset. Itís a mindset that knows itís beneath the thumb of corporate greed, but tries to dig itself out anyway. Itís a mindset that sneers at the shallow mainstreamers who swallow the recycled maxims of pseudo-intellectualism.""
Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams (Turbografx-CD) artwork

Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams review (Turbografx-CD)

Reviewed May 16, 2010

Zigfried says: "When I think of "terror", I don't think of dirty hallways in need of a janitor. I think of grim forests populated by child-eating trees. I think of dungeons adorned with living statues that exist solely to murder little girls. Cotton weaves through obstacles in all of these areas, accompanied only by the nearly-naked fairy Silk (don't call Silk an "option"; she hates that). Everything else is trying to kill Cotton."
Sylphia (Turbografx-CD) artwork

Sylphia review (Turbografx-CD)

Reviewed April 11, 2010

Zigfried says: "Sylphia throws so much at players early on, but somehow still keeps producing surprising new opponents for every level. This is not native Japanese mythology, but the designers immersed themselves in the spirit. Winged gargoyles carry crossbow-wielding Spartans. A skeleton charioteer -- one horn broken from his ram's head helmet -- whips at you from afar. The flying chariot is pulled by manticores instead of horses. It's as though the developers stole some child's sketchbook and made a game based off of it. It's as though they stole my sketchbook."
zigfried's avatar

Interested in seeing a list of chronological Turbografx-CD games available in North America? Click here. Otherwise, you can browse all regions using the alphabet strip near the top of the page.