Sega CD Game Reviews

The newest Sega CD game reviews available on the site are listed on this page. You can search the database for additional reviews by browsing alphabetically according to game title, or feel free to check review listings for additional systems.

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Robo Aleste (Sega CD) artwork

Robo Aleste review (Sega CD)

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Rob Hamilton says: "I think a lot of shooters I play in the future are going to seem sort of mundane after this game."
overdrive's avatar
WWF Rage in the Cage (Sega CD) artwork

WWF Rage in the Cage review (Sega CD)

Reviewed February 09, 2014

JoeTheDestroyer says: "'Despite all my rage, I am still just a dated wrestling title in a cage.'"
JoeTheDestroyer's avatar
Mansion of Hidden Souls (Sega CD) artwork

Mansion of Hidden Souls review (Sega CD)

Reviewed October 02, 2013

pickhut says: "For an adventure-style title, there's not very much adventuring to do, because the building is so small that the mansion from Resident Evil 1 seems like a castle in comparison."
pickhut's avatar
Vay (Sega CD) artwork

Vay review (Sega CD)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Rob Hamilton says: "And then, right in the middle of all of that are light-hearted elements such as a horribly flatulent fairy who propels you across an ocean with her gas, a random encounter bull-man called "Retardotaur" and random townspeople who break the fourth wall to remind you that you're playing a video game. Wacky stuff like this works in a game like EarthBound, because most of that game has a somewhat whimsical outlook on things. With Vay, it's just distracting nonsense, like if Hamlet took a pie to the face while staring at Ophelia's body."
overdrive's avatar
Panic! (Sega CD) artwork

Panic! review (Sega CD)

Reviewed December 30, 2012

maboroshi says: "Panic! Is…a difficult game to explain, or even to understand. I have a feeling that it is a game that is very much like marmite, either you love it or you absolutely hate it. I happen to like it but there are a lot of things in it that I can imagine many people hating."
maboroshi's avatar
The Terminator (Sega CD) artwork

The Terminator review (Sega CD)

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Pat Floyd says: "We ended up with lame Terminator games for both the SNES and Genesis, perpetuating the belief that movie-based games always suck. But The Terminator for Sega CD is different. This isn't an enhanced port of the twenty-minute Genesis game -- it's a lengthy, redesigned adventure with plenty of action and hidden secrets throughout each stage, and it definitely does not suck."
Seirei Shinseiki Fhey Area (Sega CD) artwork

Seirei Shinseiki Fhey Area review (Sega CD)

Reviewed September 02, 2012

Pat Floyd says: "Fhey Area was a tranquil land of warmth and peace, governed by a benevolent king and protected by a gentle goddess . . . until the demons came. A foul army of ghoulish creatures gathered beneath the blood-red sky, lighting the very ground ablaze as they ransacked village after village. This narrated introduction sets an unoriginal but appropriately dramatic stage for Wolf Team's very first Mega CD RPG."
Sengoku Denshou (Sega CD) artwork

Sengoku Denshou review (Sega CD)

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Pat Floyd says: "Sengoku is a trippy brawler that inserts samurai and folklore demons into modern-day Japan, interrupted by a few interludes where the player leaps up into heaven to fight even more monsters. This bizarre series of events is explained as being due to Nobunaga Oda. That clears everything up."
Kenshiru's avatar

Interested in seeing a list of chronological Sega CD games available in North America? Click here. Otherwise, you can browse all regions using the alphabet strip near the top of the page.