Game Gear Game Reviews

The newest Game Gear game reviews available on the site are listed on this page. You can search the database for additional reviews by browsing alphabetically according to game title, or feel free to check review listings for additional systems.

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict (Game Gear) artwork

Shining Force Gaiden: Final Conflict review (Game Gear)

Reviewed December 01, 2013

Rob Hamilton says: "As the game progresses, the fights start getting pretty tough. By the time you've reached the final handful, virtually every foe will come at your guys with damaging long-range area-of-effect spells, making it impossible to avoid taking massive amounts of damage."
Phantasy Star Gaiden (Game Gear) artwork

Phantasy Star Gaiden review (Game Gear)

Reviewed April 20, 2008

zanzard says: "The name of this game promised so much... "
zanzard's avatar
Power Strike II (Game Gear) artwork

Power Strike II review (Game Gear)

Reviewed August 20, 2006

Rob Hamilton says: "For a hand-held game, itís pretty top-of-the-line, but Iíve never felt that portable systems and shooters were the best match. Thereís no way to even come close to duplicating that magical arcade feeling on a screen the size of a potato. Instead of being so enthralled by this very respectable title that I was able to instantly unleash the shooter review to end all shooter reviews....I found myself wishing Iíd scrapped the whole idea and just played M.U.S.H.A. again. I liked the game, but by the time I was done, I merely felt Iíd played a good hand-held shooter, as opposed to a good shooter, period."
GG Aleste (Game Gear) artwork

GG Aleste review (Game Gear)

Reviewed January 26, 2006

Rob Hamilton says: "There were a few areas that were genuinely fun, like a stage placing me above a railroad track complete with robots rocketing off a train to challenge my ship at its level, but much of this game was the sort of personality-free drek that has provided the backbone for mediocre shooters throughout time."

Shinobi (Game Gear) artwork

Shinobi review (Game Gear)

Reviewed April 29, 2005

goldenvortex says: "GG Shinobi is not a down sized conversion of the original arcade game. Nor is it a shrunken down version of the Mega Driveís The Revenge of Shinobi. Itís a completely different kettle of fish from any Shinobi game featuring a collection of five (yes, five) versions of the legendary Joe Mushashi. Each of these clones has their own special abilities and different magic capability. With just one, they may seem weak but together they can break down any obstacle, walk on water and even defy t..."
goldenvortex's avatar
Defenders of Oasis (Game Gear) artwork

Defenders of Oasis review (Game Gear)

Reviewed February 22, 2005

sclemmons says: "The Gamegear was practically devoid of any RPGís except for around 20 some, about a fifth of which came stateside. Defenders of Oasis was a RPG that happened to get lucky and find a publisher that brought it to the states. There are no idiosyncrasies that lift Defenders of Oasis above and beyond other turn based RPGS that were out at the time. Itís simply just a game thatís both brief and entertaining. Definitely worthy of your time. "
sclemmons's avatar
FIFA International Soccer (Game Gear) artwork

FIFA International Soccer review (Game Gear)

Reviewed November 24, 2004

ceredig says: "A good handheld football game is about as common as Wales qualifying for a major Championship (and I should know, I still have nightmares about the Romania and Russia play-offs). Strike that, itís rarer. There isnít one portable computer game out there which can genuinely be considered a definitive simulation of the beautiful game. Theyíre all pretty much terrible. Until Konami bring their Pro Evo series to the DS and PSP, itís unlikely that a quality handheld footie game will ever see the light..."
ceredig's avatar
NFL Quarterback Club (Game Gear) artwork

NFL Quarterback Club review (Game Gear)

Reviewed November 24, 2004

ceredig says: "Back in the day, NFL Quarterback Club was one of the daddies of American Football. Many of its incarnations were mightily superior to its Madden equivalent. But now on the Game Gear we see one of Acclaim's earlier attempts at cornering the American Football market. "
ceredig's avatar

Interested in seeing a list of chronological Game Gear games available in North America? Click here. Otherwise, you can browse all regions using the alphabet strip near the top of the page.