foe_en_s4_b22.jpg

Sega Master System Game Reviews

The newest Sega Master System game reviews available on the site are listed on this page. You can search the database for additional reviews by browsing alphabetically according to game title, or feel free to check review listings for additional systems.

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Asterix (Sega Master System) artwork

Asterix review (Sega Master System)

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Never3ndr says: "Asterix has a great difficulty progression, presents some nice puzzle elements, and has some of the best level design I’ve played through. I’d say that this is one game that every retro gamer should experience!"
Never3ndr's avatar
Kung Fu Kid (Sega Master System) artwork

Kung Fu Kid review (Sega Master System)

Reviewed February 09, 2014

pickhut says: "Game design at its best."
pickhut's avatar
Land of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (Sega Master System) artwork

Land of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse review (Sega Master System)

Reviewed December 03, 2013

ThoughtFool1 says: "Everything that Castle of Illusion does, Land of Illusion does and does it better. Gone is the absurdly elementary difficulty level, kiddie looks and sounds, and short game length. In its place is something that appeals to a gamer of any age...a golden platformer that stands as one of the testaments to the system."
Wonder Boy (Sega Master System) artwork

Wonder Boy review (Sega Master System)

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Smiley_Face123 says: "Well, first I'll start off by saying that if you're a platformer fan, this is a definite must own. It started out in the arcade and then got ported to the Sega Master System. It later received several sequels which switched from sole platforming to more of an action RPG, which includes Wonder Boy 2 in Monster Land, Wonder Boy 3 The Dragon’s Trap, Wonder Boy 3 Monster Lair (?!?! You can have 2 3’s?!?! shouldn’t this be 4?), and Wonder Boy 4 in Monster World (?!?! Shouldn’t this be 5?) I kind of w..."
Smiley_Face123's avatar

Double Dragon (Sega Master System) artwork

Double Dragon review (Sega Master System)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

ThoughtFool1 says: "This game is really fun. I had a blast playing it. However, the ability to do cooperative play is what really sets the game apart, extending its life and making it extremely memorable. There are some noticeable flaws, such as the flicker, the repetition in the enemies, and the hit detection that do hinder the experience...but none of them really kill it, leaving Double Dragon thoroughly enjoyable and just plain awesome. "
Ghost House (Sega Master System) artwork

Ghost House review (Sega Master System)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

pickhut says: "Never mind the fact that the box cover, depicting a real hand holding the game card, confused the ever-loving out of me, the actual experience of playing it was like battling a haunted house that's having a nervous breakdown."
pickhut's avatar
Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse (Sega Master System) artwork

Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse review (Sega Master System)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

ThoughtFool1 says: "That isn't to say that Castle of Illusion is a bad game...it certainly delivers a solid platforming experience. There are not any real glaring bad points to the game. On the other hand, there are not any eye-opening or really memorable moments to the game either. Overall, it falls short of a genre or generation defining adventure that many remember it to be...coming in as more "good" than "epic". "
Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord (Sega Master System) artwork

Miracle Warriors: Seal of the Dark Lord review (Sega Master System)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

ThoughtFool1 says: "I have to say that I did enjoy playing Miracle Warriors. There are certainly some flaws with the game, however, many are minor with the only real unforgivable flaw is the horrendous UI that keeps the player concentrating on about 35% of the screen while in the overworld. I don't really mind the grind times, nor do I mind that Miracle Warriors, for the most part, stuck to a very generic RPG formula for its gameplay and storyline. "
ThoughtFool1's avatar

Interested in seeing a list of chronological Sega Master System games available in North America? Click here. Otherwise, you can browse all regions using the alphabet strip near the top of the page.