Atari 2600 Game Reviews

The newest Atari 2600 game reviews available on the site are listed on this page. You can search the database for additional reviews by browsing alphabetically according to game title, or feel free to check review listings for additional systems.

# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Atari 2600) artwork

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre review (Atari 2600)

Reviewed October 21, 2013

JoeTheDestroyer says: "How many &^%$*#@ wheelchairs does Franklin own?"
Alien (Atari 2600) artwork

Alien review (Atari 2600)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

JoeTheDestroyer says: "In space no one can hear you sigh."
Haunted House (Atari 2600) artwork

Haunted House review (Atari 2600)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

JoeTheDestroyer says: "I'll dare to say what other niche fans will consider blasphemy: Haunted House has aged poorly."
Frankenstein's Monster (Atari 2600) artwork

Frankenstein's Monster review (Atari 2600)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

JoeTheDestroyer says: "Its thanks to its simple structure, swift pace, and impressive implementation of an actual ending that Frankenstein's Monster is a stellar entry into Atari 2600's library. Unfortunately, it's not a well-known title, though it deserve to be. I say this because it's unlike other obscure Atari 2600 titles in that it's actually worth playing for fans of the console."
Ghost Manor (Atari 2600) artwork

Ghost Manor review (Atari 2600)

Reviewed October 14, 2012

JoeTheDestroyer says: "Ghost Manor sacrifices incremental difficulty boosts for variety, essentially providing you with multiple "level ones" that lack the challenge, bite and addictiveness of a typical 2600 game."
Pac-Man (Atari 2600) artwork

Pac-Man review (Atari 2600)

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Rob Hamilton says: "However, just because I had fun times with family while playing this game doesn't mean I can excuse its large list of faults. That period of time can best be described as good times with a bad game simply because we didn't know any better. "
overdrive's avatar
No Escape! (Atari 2600) artwork

No Escape! review (Atari 2600)

Reviewed May 17, 2012

JoeTheDestroyer says: "I found myself playing session after session, hopelessly addicted to something so archaic, so simplistic. The furious pace and wicked challenge kept things interesting, and the peculiar enemy designs piqued my interest. I had to see what abomination awaited me in the next round, had to know what abilities it brought to the battle. Most of all, I had to know if I was good enough to survive."
Tutankham (Atari 2600) artwork

Tutankham review (Atari 2600)

Reviewed May 16, 2012

JoeTheDestroyer says: " The adventurous moments, the challenge, the action... those are things I remember. It's not that they aren't present, it's just that you have to tolerate a lot of questionable decisions made by the developers. Why can't you shoot vertically? Why sport such drunken play control? Maybe they felt it would have made the game too easy, but I beg to differ. I'm sure they could have found other ways to turn up the challenge."
JoeTheDestroyer's avatar

Interested in seeing a list of chronological Atari 2600 games available in North America? Click here. Otherwise, you can browse all regions using the alphabet strip near the top of the page.

None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party.Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.